The MJHS Memory Care Residence
As a leader in health care, MJHS Health System is designing a state-of-the-art residence dedicated to providing quality care that uses innovative therapies and memory-stimulating tools to add quality of life for residents living with Dementia.
Part of the Keys to Connection Campaign, the 80-bed residence will be located in Manhattan Beach Brooklyn at our Menorah Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care. The residence will also provide families with the opportunity to create meaningful connections with their loved on in a warm, caring and home-like environment.
Our aim is to create a safe environment that will help residents reconnect with their passions and sense of identity as well as to provide family members with useful tools to help them engage with their loved ones.
Located on the third floor of Menorah Center, the residence is specifically designed for individuals living with Dementia. All enhancements promote safety and encourage independence.
Features will include:
- Intimate and calming restaurant-lie experience
- Upgraded bathing rooms with therapeutic music system
- Themed hallways with artwork that engages residents and improves way-finding
- Signage at eye-level
- An “essence spa family room” to provide a calming oasis for residents and their families
Specialized Approach to Care
Our resident-centered approach will:
- Focus on the needs and strengths of each individual
- Provide vibrant experiences and techniques to engage residents
- Empower residents to connect with their loved ones and those around them
- Educate our care team in the latest advancements in quality and compassionate care
Residents will receive non-pharmacological therapies that will help unlock memories while addressing symptoms associated with Dementia such as anxiety, depression and agitation. Such as:
- Music Therapy
- Art Therapy
- Dance and Movement Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Drama Therapy
MJHS is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization. All donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.